XenMobile: Send Notification to Delivery Group PSH Script
By : Arnaud -
Today with XenMobile, you can send Notification using the Web Console to 1 or more devices.
However, in case of multiple devices, you will need to select each individually.
I was asked if it was possible to send Notification to a specific Delivery Group and, as today, it’s not possible.
Never say Never …
I decided to check if a solution can exist and, in fact I found one solution using Rest API.
So I created a PSH script which can be download here (you will need to rename from txt to ps1 to run)
How it works?
- The script will ask you for the URL of the XMS Server (In fact it can be also an IP on internal network)
- The script verify if the FQDN can be resolved and if port 4443 is opened between the XMS and your PC
- The script ask for the credential (local web console credential, for ex. administrator/Citrix123)
- A list of configured Delivery Groups is shown and you are asked to select one
- You will need to provide the message you want to send
- You will be ask to select the sound to play during notification (you must respect the case)
Please let any comment regarding your test or to improve the script